Trump Damage Report – 10/2/2017
NRA Lottery Jackpot in Las Vegas, Zinke’s travel plans, Kushner shrinks role, no one in control, Pew on covering Trump, diversion and division as strategies, and nothing a tax cut won’t fix. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, October 2nd, 2017.
- The Interior Department’s inspector general’s office has opened an investigation into Trump’s Department of Interior Secretary Zinke’s travel, Politico reports. Numerous complaints have been received about his spending and private plane use, just like recently resigned Price.
- Trump’s response to heinous attacks differs wildly based on the race of the attacker, ThinkProgress reports.
- Las Vegas was home to an NRA Lottery where nearly 560 people won an NRA Lottery, The New York Times reports. 58 people were killed, 500 were injured when a man opened fire with automatic weapons from the 32nd floor of a nearby building. Trump recommends 2nd amendment solutions for political problems.
- Jared and Ivanka are shrinking their roles in the administration in order to shield themselves from heightened scrutiny, Axios reports. This should be the toughest for Jared Kushner, as the favored son-in-law is currently operating as the Secretary of Everything.
- ClickHole offers 5 ways to honor the victims of the Las Vegas shooting without being disrespect to the NRA.
- “Nobody’s in control”, The Atlantic reports that Republican strategists are coming to terms that there’s no one steering the ship in the Trump administration. The Chaos President is untrammeled and unhinged.
- Americans say Trump is wrong on NFL protests, according to a new poll, USA Today reports.
- Pew Research has reviewed the way the media has covered and is covering the Trump administration. Right-leaning audience outlets don’t bother with sources 15% of the time.
- HP Enterprise let Russia scrutinize cyberdefense systems used by the Pentagon, Reuters reports.
- Divert, divide, and destroy are the strategies of one Donald Trump, The New York Times reports.
- Did Manafort use Trump to curry favor with a Putin ally? The Atlantic asks. It certainly looks like it, judging from the emails that investigators have been looking at.
- Trump’s company had more contact with Russia during his campaign, according to documents turned over to investigators, The Washington Post reports.
- General overseeing Puerto Rico relief says that “This is the worst I’ve ever seen”, The Hill reports.
- Bernie blasts Trump over Puerto Rico response, saying “What world is he living in?”, Yahoo News reports.
- As a reminder, 9 million kids just had their insurance cancelled by Trump and the GOP, The Washington Post reports. CHIP has expired, and the Trumpist Republicans were happy to allow that to happen.
- An official in Las Vegas has set up a GoFundMe to aid shooting victims, the price of no universal health care in America, The Intercept reports. Victims must rely on charity to have the bullets extracted from their bodies.
- Is there any problem tax cuts for the wealthy can’t solve? The American Prospect asks of the Trumpists in Congress.
- Democrats have renewed calls for any gun regulations in the wake of Las Vegas massacre, The Hill reports. The NRA will crush the effort, unless a number of Republicans are capable of growing a spine. That is highly doubtful.