Trump Damage Report – 10/5/2017
Does God Believe in Trump?, Uday to testify, repealing the 2nd, Iranian nuclear deal targeted, Russia’s thieving NSA data, reversing protections, scamvangelists spin, “nasty” mayors, distracting from sanctions, and pro-birth Trumpists. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Thursday, October 5th, 2017.
- Chuck Grassley of the Senate Judiciary Committee says that there’s “No way of avoiding” a public hearing for Trump Jr, CNN reports. We’ll get to see Uday squirm in the limelight for a while.
- Repeal the Second Amendment, is the cry that goes out from The New York Times op-ed section today. More guns means more murder – that’s the gist, and the reality, based on data collected here in America, and data drawn from the rest of the developed world.
- Trump is getting ready to scrap the nuclear deal with Iran that has kept them from getting the bomb, The Washington Post reports. Trump desperately wants a war with Iran. He wants a war so badly. A war lets him distract on a continuous basis without the necessity of scandal du jour.
- Russian hackers stole NSA information on how the US defends itself from cyberattacks, Business Insider reports. As mentioned before, we are currently in an active war with Russia, though it is being fought in cyberspace, and only Russia and our intelligence community seems to acknowledge that this is taking place.
- Jeff “Klan Keebler” Sessions just reversed a policy that protected transgender workers from discrimination, BuzzFeed News reports. Sessions has used much of his power as Trump’s Attorney General to shift policies towards institutionalizing bigotry in the nation.
- Gun control saves lives, Vox reports. The research is pretty clear, despite what Trump and the NRA may say. This, like climate change, universal healthcare, and the metric system, is an item that the rest of the developed planet take for granted.
- Blood diamond mine owner and scamvangelist Pat Robertson tells us that the Vegas attack was due to people’s disrespect of Trump, and the national anthem, The Daily Beast reports. Or, in the world in which the rest of us live, it was due to the easy access of the mentally deranged to get their hands on an arsenal and mow down a crowd of people with relative ease.
- Trumpists in Congress just passed an abortion ban after letting the children’s healthcare program expire, HuffPost reports. Please don’t ever let them tell you they are “pro-life”, they aren’t. They are pro-birth. After you exit the womb, you are on your own.
- The Mayor of San Juan wore a “nasty” shirt on live TV after Trump called her “nasty”, The Independent reports. Trump calls women who don’t like him “nasty”, which is the equivalent of a guy in a bar calling a woman he just failed a pick-up line on as a “lesbian”.
- The Senate Intelligence Committee leaders have said that Russia did indeed interfere in the 2016 elections, The Washington Post reports. Also, air is good for breathing, and water is wet.
- Trump is using the latest national tragedies as distractions from missing the deadline on sanctions against Russia, Shareblue reports.
- That which the ancients did call Kellyanne has her days numbered, according to PoliticsUSA. Seems the Conway has been using private jet travel as well, just like recently resigned Secretary Price.
- Secretary of the Hollow State, Rex Tillerson, did kind of sort of admit that he called Trump a “moron” in that press conference yesterday, CNN reports.
- Does God believe in Trump?, Newsweek asks in a cover story that looks into how and why evangelicals are sticking with their own prince of lies. Faux piety and dog whistles aplenty, the hypocrisy doesn’t matter so long as the damage to the left is the same.