Trump Damage Report – 10/6/2017
Tropical storm hoax approaches the nation, religious liberty (again), dossier author in talks, birth control denial, offering cliffhangers on war, Pompeo in the lurches for State, gun rights for the insane, gutting health care for billionaires, EPA appointee ignorance, and tax discord. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Friday, October 6th, 2017.
- New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are bracing for tropical storm Nate, CNN reports. Trump and the Republicans maintain that climate change, and the subsequent increase in storms in frequency and intensity, are a hoax and that all the world’s scientists are involved in a conspiracy to attack the poor little oil companies.
- Jeff “Klan Keebler” just issued new guidance on “protecting religious liberty”, BuzzFeed News reports. “Religious liberty” is code words for “permitting discrimination” and claiming an invisible person told them to do it.
- The Trump dossier author is now in talks with the Senate Intelligence Committee, NBC News reports. Most of the items in the dossier have proven to be verifiable and accurate, which leads to the presumption that the other stuff is legitimate.
- Trump just officially made it easier for employers to stop covering birth control, Vox reports. Instead, the administration is recommending pulling up an image of Trump as a preventative measure.
- Trump left the world on a cliffhanger about war yesterday, saying “You’ll find out.” what “calm before the storm” means, The Hill reports. Chaos occupies the oval office in America.
- In other reporting, CNN reports that Trump is treating potential war like a reality show cliffhanger. Watch the video, and try to remember what it was like when an adult held the office.
- Trump’s CIA Director Pompeo might replace Secretary of the Hollow State Rex Tillerson, Axios reports. Tillerson recently called trump a “f*cking moron”.
- Trump and the Republicans revoked a plan to block mentally ill people from getting guns, The Express reports. They are also moving forward with legislation to make silencers legal.
- Congress told Jared and Ivanke not to re-route the private email accounts they were illegally using, but they went ahead and did just that, Mother Jones reports. Now Congress wants to know why they did that when told not to.
- 219 Trumpists in Congress just voted to cut Medicaid, Medicare, and public education to give massive tax breaks to millionaires and corporations, Common Dreams reports. $5.8 trillion in cuts, to be precise, with a gargantuan hand-out to the wealthiest 1% of America.
- Watch Trump’s EPA nominee embarrass himself with ignorance of basic facts, The Intercept offers in video footage.
- Discord continues among Republicans on Trump’s tax plan, Reuters reports. Trump’s tax plan would explode the national debt by offering massive tax cuts to the insanely wealthy.