Trump Damage Report – 10/7/2017
Mnuch ado about 800k, equal time for moron, thoughts & prayers & donate here, opting for nukes, China emerges, empathy and other human emotions a challenge, free press attacks, 32% approve, and mocking the Puerto Rican people. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Saturday, October 7th, 2017.
- Trump’s Treasury Secretary Mnuchin used military planes without justification, the inspector general finds, Los Angeles Times reports. He spent roughly $800,000 in US taxpayer money to tote his butt around, for fun.
- Trump says that late-night hosts should give Republicans (and himself) “equal time”, Time reports. The equal time clause in media was rolled back quite a while ago, and was last surfaced in criticism of Fox News for its unabashed bias. Trump was sure to enumerate Republicans *and* himself, separately. He doesn’t consider himself an actual Republican.
- Trump is exploiting the Las Vegas massacre in a fundraising email, RawStory reports. The Trump-Pence Weekly Newsletter (no joke), starts by offering sympathy, ends with a request to visit the store and contribute.
- Trump says “only one thing will work” with North Korea, a nuclear state, Reuters reports. America has not yet been subject to a nuclear attack, but Trump is determined.
- As the United States retreats from world organizations, China steps in to fill the void, Foreign Policy reports. China is emerging as a new world superpower, as America abdicates its role on the world stage under Trump’s lack of leadership.
- The ability to express empathy remains a challenge for Trump, The Associated Press reports. He has no empathy or human emotions other than anger, hate, fear, and loathing. Have you ever seen Trump laugh at something that was not cruel? You have not.
- In hopes of having Trump cleared, his legal team is easing resistance to the inquiries, The New York Times reports. Now that all the shredding is done and the emails have been moved over to private servers, of course.
- Trump hit a new low in attacks on the free press, during the Senate to investigate American news outlets for publishing “fake” stories, CNN reports. Trump calls any story about him that is true and critical a “fake”.
- Trump’s sabotage of Obamacare is reaching baroque new levels, Slate reports. From re-allocations of dollars for the exchanges to intentional downtime and problems, the efforts to force failure are myriad.
- Jeff “Klan Keebler” Sessions just made it legal to fire someone for being gay, Vice reports. They call it “religious liberty”. They always do.
- Trump’s approval rating has slipped to 32%, The Independent reports.
- Trump brags about giving to charity and never actually does it, where Colin Kaepernick actually does it, and doesn’t brag about it, Mother Jones reports.
- The Dotard of Covfefe marked Hispanic Heritage Month by mocking the Puerto Rican accent, HuffPost reports. He made fun of the way Puerto Ricans say “Puerto Rico”.