Trump Damage Report – 10/8/2017
Embassy movements, looking to 2020, safe space for orange snowflakes, bans never worked – except when they have, Prince for Senate, job losses, destroying records, fixing somebody’s back, faux outrage at the NFL, and begging for paper towels. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Sunday, October 8th, 2017.
- Trump said that he would give peace “a shot” before moving the US embassy to Jerusalem, The Hill reports. No one has told Trump that the capital of Israel is Tel Aviv.
- Trump is zeroing in on the 2020 battlegrounds, Politico reports. He’s already playing and campaigning as if he’s not going to be impeached, and so far, he’s on track for re-election.
- The Dotard of Covfefe is looking for a safe space from comedians, CNN reports. The piece calls Trump a “poor, orange snowflake” for having his feelings hurt about being made fun of for all the terrible and stupid things he’s been doing.
- Trump allies in the NRA are commenting on bump stocks, saying “We don’t believe bans ever worked on anything”, The Hill reports. They said this despite not being exploded by nuclear bombs (banned), infected with lethal strains of anthrax (banned), or gassed by sarin (banned) – all under an atmosphere without a hole in it thanks to a lack of CFCs (banned). The international community of developed nations shook their heads in response, having heavily regulated and banned unrestricted civilian access to firearms and all having a lower homicide rate per capita than the United States.
- Trump backchanneler and Blackwater Mercenary group founder Erik Prince is weighing jumping in to challenge for a Senate seat in Wyoming, The New York Times reports.
- The US economy hemorrhaged 33,000 jobs under Trump, the first major net loss of jobs since he took office, The Washington Post reports. It’s called economic momentum. It takes a while for the actions of the current guy to catch up with the economy. The previous 9 months you can thank Obama for, just as the first 9 months of 2008 you could thank Bush for. It’s going to get much, much worse.
- A lawsuit accuses Trump of illegally destroying White House records, HuffPost reports. The CREW suit cites multiple instances of deletion of tweets, obfuscation efforts, shifting phone records, and more.
- In related news, Trump’s administration deleted data on Puerto Rico’s crisis from the FEMA website, Vox reports.
- The Trump-Russia dossier grows more significant by the day, The Guardian reports. It’s components are each individually being confirmed, and now the bulk of the allegations have been proven or verified. Senate and House committees are working on following up on the remainder.
- Trump said he wants to focus on North Korea, not “fixing somebody’s back”, The Hill reports. Trump would like a war with a nuclear power, he’s not interested in health care or suffering Americans.
- Republican Senator Corker fired back at Trump, saying the White House “has become an adult day care center” and “someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”, The Hill reports. There’s a doody that needs cleaning up, and it is a mighty orange one.
- Totally not sexually repressed Trump Veep Mike Pence left an NFL game after the players gave silent protest, which is being slammed as an orchestrated PR stune, Common Dreams reports.
- Trump defended throwing “beautiful, soft” paper towel rolls into a crowd of victims in Puerto Rico, Business Insider reports.