Trump Damage Report – 10/9/2017
The Chairman of the Board’s posthumous Trump thoughts, a guide to etiquette, emissions rollback, staff in crisis, Miller’s background, First Lady Ivana, filtering Mayors, World War 3, a lack of interest in the opioid crisis, Google Adbuy in Russian, and the cost of Pence’s stunt. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, October 9th, 2017.
- Frank Sinatra told Donald Trump to “go f*** himself”, a new book reveals, The Independent reports. We heartily agree with Ol’ Blue Eyes on this one.
- The New York Times presents The Republican’s Guide to Presidential Etiquette. Most of us alive have the ability to remember how Republicans insisted with great outrage how the President must comport himself while serving. We now watch with wonder as Trump practically takes a dump on the Resolute Desk and Republicans offer excuses that he’s just had too much fiber.
- Trump’s EPA under the pollution elemental known as Scott Pruitt has announced a repeal of major Obama-era carbon emissions rule, The New York Times reports. Make America Choke Again.
- The Trump administration staff is in crisis, Axios reports. Though, to be fair, it does seem to be in perpetual crisis. Cohn is likely out, Tillerson is eying the exits, and John Kelly can only face-palm so many times.
- Stephen Miller, Trump’s Little Fascist that Could, is sole powerful survivor of Trump’s right flank, The New York Times offers in a profile. He jumped into the final stretch of a girl’s track meet in hopes to prove his athletic supremacy.
- Melania Trump is responding to Ivana Trump’s assertion that she is the “First Lady”, CNN reports. Technically, she is. Melania is the third or fourth, or whatever number she happens to be before the next. Trump does not value loyalty to anyone but himself.
- A mayor of Puerto Rico is calling for FEMA help, and the Trump FEMA director says he’s “filtering her out”, Vox reports. Trump is fine with letting you die if you didn’t vote for him, or if you express anything but adoration for him.
- Trump trashes outgoing Senator Corker in a public falling out, CNN reports. Corker responded saying Trump treats the presidency like a reality show, making reckless threats that put the United States “on the path to World War III”. Other Republican Senators are nodding in agreement, but do not seem interested in doing anything about it.
- Trump’s failure to tackle the opioid crisis is costing lives, The Intercept reports. He said it was an emergency, but hasn’t actually declared an emergency, or done a damned thing about the problem.
- Trump’s popularity is slipping in rural America, according to a recent poll, Reuters reports. These were the people he promised to help, but hasn’t, and won’t, because he doesn’t actually care about them. His plans are all geared to providing massive tax breaks and sweetheart deals to his friends on Wall Street.
- Google has uncovered Russian-bought ads on YouTube, Gmail and other platforms, The Washington Post reports. The ads attacked Hillary Clinton, or promoted Trump. Putin owns Trump.
- Mike Pence’s PR stunt at the NFL game has cost the taxpayers at least a quarter of a million dollars, International Business Times reports.