Trump Damage Report – 12/21/2017
Life expectancy down, North Korea bloody nose, Mueller works quiet, commuting a meatpacker, Kickback Corker’s empathy, the real coup, and making viruses great again. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Thursday, December 21st, 2017.
- Fueled by the drug crisis Trump promised to address but hasn’t, the life expectancy in the United States has declined for the second straight year in a row, The Washington Post reports.
- The United States is planning a “bloody nose” military attack on North Korea, The Telegraph reports. North Korea has nuclear weapons, and is committed to using them in the event of an attack by the United States. China is obligated to assist North Korea if America strikes first. Do you want a world war? Because that’s how you get world wars.
- Mueller is looking into a US foundation that is backed by Russian money, Bloomberg reports. Half a million in secret Russian donations makes it an interesting target.
- Trump commuted the sentence of an Iowa meatpacking executive, The New York Times reports. The meatpacking magnate had employed 400 undocumented immigrants, including several children, in his factory – and was also convicted of bank fraud.
- Mueller’s silence cuts through the noise of the Trump Russia inquiries, Bloomberg reports. Mueller’s tactic is to remain quiet and diligently work.
- Senator “Kickback” Corker says that he has a “newfound empathy” for Trump, Politico reports. The kickbacks to his family and real estate businesses in the massive tax heist had nothing to do with that.
- Is Bannon running for President?, Vanity Fair asks. Well, if an orange sexual assault clown can get elected, surely a bloated Nazi can make a run for it.
- Trump praises state TV “Fox & Friends” for being named “most influential” because he watches it, The Hill reports. Fox & Friends consists primarily of propaganda that is favorable to Trump.
- In another country, we would call this “corruption”, The Washington Post reports. The tax bill personally and directly benefits the Senators and President who passed it.
- Dave Chappelle to Trump voters in Netflix special: “You are poor; he’s fighting for ME.”, USA Today reports. Though, most Trump supporters don’t operate with enough critical thinking to grok that.
- The real coup is Trump’s, The New York Times reports. Trump is on the verge of a coup against justice in the United States of America, offering the firing of Mueller as a possible means of circumventing ever getting to the bottom of the Russia-Trump ties.
- Congress’s priorities are corporations, not children, Vox reports. The children’s health care program has expired, and it is set to lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of kids per year in America. Corporations, however, got a nice tax cut.
- Trump has lifted a ban on lethal virus experimentation, despite security risks, the BBC reports. Superflu, courtesy of Donald J. Trump and Company. IN OTHER UNRELATED NEWS, TRUMP’S BUDGET PROPOSAL INCLUDES A $5.8 BILLION DOLLAR CUT TO THE NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF HEALTH WHICH OVERSEES LAB SAFETY AND SECURITY.
- The planet just delivered a stinging rebuke to Trump over the idiotic Jerusalem decision, Vox reports. The world voted to condemn the move. The whole world. Sorry, you may have misread that. The world – as in, 128 countries on planet earth, with the remainder in abstention.