Trump Damage Report – 12/22/2017
Reality-based, swiping left on Trumpists, EPA exodus, lying about the Dutch, the Canadian Wall, steel layoffs, Kushner’s banking statements, 2018 bloodbath ahoy, targeting families, and keeping harassment data secret. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Friday, December 22nd, 2017.
- Why I started saying “reality-based press” in 2017, instead of “mainstream media”, The Washington Post.
- Swipe left if you voted for Trump, CNN reports. Dating changed due to Trump – if you like him, expect to fly solo for a while. Sapio-sorting, as an emergent behavior.
- EPA officials, disheartened by the agency’s pro-pollution stance under Trump, are leaving in droves, The New York Times reports.
- Trump’s ambassador to the Netherlands was just caught lying about the Dutch, The Washington Post reports. There are no go zones in the Netherlands. “That’s fake news”. We can show you the clip.
- Fox & Friends propaganda on state TV floats “northern border wall” with Canada to protect the US from… something, The Wrap reports. Perhaps maple syrup? Free healthcare? At some point, these walls are being built not to keep people out, but to keep people in.
- Trump ally and adviser Carter Page accused academics who twice failed his PhD of bias, The Guardian reports. His thesis was “vague” and “verbose”. Page is often seen dropping comic book villain hints about Russia and Trump.
- Senator Mark Warner sees fire in the Russia probe, Axios reports. He’s deeply concerned that Trump is going to try and fire Mueller.
- Trump promised to protect US steel, and yet the layoffs are coming down the pike, The New York Times reports. Well gosh, it’s not like Trump to reneg on a promise.
- Prosecutors are said to be seeking Jared Kushner’s records from Deutsche Bank, The New York Times reports. The favored son-in-law has his hands dirty, and it’s apt to come back and haunt him as Mueller digs into the recent past.
- Trumpist Republicans are launching a multimillion-dollar effort to hit Democrats on the tax heist in 2018, The Hill reports. Good luck with that.
- Trump’s deputy chief of staff Rick Dearborn is calling it splitsville with The Donald, Talking Points Memo reports. That makes the zillionth resignation in Trump’s first chaotic year.
- Republicans are warning Trump of a 2018 bloodbath, Politico reports. Right now, a potted plant could win in the deep south if it ran as a Democrat, thanks to the orange menace.
- Complicity Trump is factchecked hard on saying that in April the “vast majority” will be filing their taxes on a “postcard”, PolitiFact reports. No. That is not real or true.
- The Trump administration is weighing new measures targeting families, in order to crush immigration, The Washington Post reports.
- Why are politicians allowed to vote on a bill they profit from?, The International Business Times asks. Hey, that’s a great question! I suppose because revolution is inconvenient? Let’s see what happens when income inequality ticks up another few points, though.
- Trumpists in the Senate are holding back sexual harassment data, NBC News reports. There’s a report on the statistical breakdown of sexual harassment settlements in the Senate. Republicans don’t want that information revealed.