Trump Damage Report – 12/23/2017
Haitian immigrants: they “all have AIDS” Trump says, mining leases for daughter’s landlord, minting a new coin, War on the FBI, Mueller in sights, Putin’s First Year in the White House, and tax scams. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Saturday, December 23rd, 2017.
- Stoking fears, Trump defied bureaucracy to advance his anti-immigration agenda, The New York Times reports. Trump said that 15k Haitian immigrants “all have AIDS”.
- Trump is granting mining leases that benefit the landlord of his daughter, The Wall Street Journal reports. The swamp is not only alive, it has gone paleolithic with the size and shape of monsters dwelling within.
- Tacky Trump gave the presidential challenge coin a makeover, and it shows, The New York Times reports. Firstly, numismatisically speaking, that isn’t a coin. Coins are round. That’s a stupid badge. Secondly, he removed our national motto “E Pluribus Unum” from the coin, translated “out of many, one”, and replaced it with MAGA. Thirdly, he changed the direction of the eagle from looking towards peace to looking toward war. And lastly, it’s made of fake-looking gold, just like Trump.
- State TV propaganda arm Fox News says “Mueller’s basically the Democrat candidate for president”, The Hill reports. Mueller is a Republican, back before Republicans were autocratic literal Nazis. And he’s not running for president, he’s investigating the president. For treason.
- Trump relies upon distrust in our institutions, The New Yorker reports.
- Facing Republican attacks on law enforcement and the rule of law, the FBI’s deputy director plans to retire early next year, The Washington Post reports. Andrew McCabe will be leaving, thanks to the continuing, withering attacks from Trump and Trumpists. They don’t like it that the FBI is investigating Trump for collusion with the Russians.
- Big Telecom got a massive tax break from the Trump tax heist, and now it’s raising prices, Vice reports.
- We need to rehabilitate antitrust, The American Prospect reports. Yes, we absolutely do. In order to protect our nation from corporate control in a complete and unfettered way, we have to return to antitrust.
- New York Mag reports on Putin’s First Year in the White House. No punches pulled.
- Trump’s Muslim Ban 3.0 is ruled illegal, according to an appeals court, ThinkProgress reports.
- More than 4 in 5 in Trump electoral states are enrolled in Obamacare, Snopes declares as true.
- Trump inflated the tax benefits, FactCheck found. Are you surprised? We’re totally surprised. Trump rarely exaggerates.
- Comey, who was investigating Trump when he was fired by Trump, says that FBI officials are “being attacked for partisan gain”, The Hill reports. Too late, Mr. Comey. The time to go after Trump was then.
- Trump used a “dirty tax scam” to avoid millions in taxes for Mar-a-Lago and his golf courses, according to a report on Newsweek.
- Also from Newsweek, Trump’s current approval rating at Christmas makes him the least popular president – ever! He’s number 1! He’s number 1!