Trump Damage Report – 12/25/2017
Scrooged, cuts to mental health, gutting UN funding, losing majority, rolling back offshore drilling protections, ghosts at Mar-a-Lago, Poped, fiddling while Kremlin trolls burned, and a third of his time. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Christmas, Monday, December 25th, 2017.
- Chuck Schumer informs us that Trump is “Santa to the rich, Scrooge to the poor”, The Hill reports. That’s an accurate assessment of the recent Trump tax heist. A full redistribution of wealth from the poorest and middle class to the upper-most 1%.
- This is what the budget cuts look like, thanks to Republican lawmakers, The Montana Post reports. Mental health care providers were laid off in droves. Trumpism is about caring only about yourself, and enriching those you know closest.
- The United States cuts $285 million from UN funding, Axios reports. Trump is hated universally across the globe, with the exception of opinions of him in Russia. Naturally, he is directing his diplomatic efforts towards cutting ties with the rest of the international community. Autocracy tends to thrive in isolation.
- Departing GOP lawmakers warn that their party could lose majorities in 2018, The Washington Post reports. Warn? Oh sweetie, baby, honey – that’s almost a given at this point.
- The Trump administration is rolling back regulations on offshore drilling, Axios reports. The BP oil spill a few years back inspired their pollution-loving monsters to provide greater sacrifices of nature to the gods of horror and death.
- Sally Yates: Watch out for ghosts at Mar-a-Lago, The Hill reports. The ghost of Christmas Future may well scare him enough to turn him from orange back to a natural color.
- Pope Francis offered a few shots across the bow of the orange menace, The Associated Press reports in his Christmas day message.
- Kremlin trolls burned across the internet as Washington debated options, The Washington Post reports. The end result of the state-sponsored cyberwarfare effort is now sitting in the oval office.
- By year end, Trump spent more than one-third of his entire time in office at a Trump-owned property on the taxpayer dime.