Trump Damage Report 3/27/2017
The dead kids of Mosul, poison cloud accessibility, for-profit government, the looming shutdown, Cheney chimes in, 60 Minutes too long, and a tumbling Dow. All this and unfortunately more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, March 27th, 2017. Hold tight to me, this isn’t going to be good.
- Trump ordered an airstrike on Mosul that killed more than 100 people, civilians. Within his first few weeks in office, Trump issued an executive order to eliminate many of the restrictions the Obama had placed on strikes to limit the number of civilian casualties. We reported on this when he did so, and capitalized the mention in a daily Trump Damage Report that he had intentionally made it easier to kill civilians. More than 100 200 are dead. Children. Their bodies have not been recovered yet from the rubble.
- Trump asked for $1 billion for his stupid border wall to cover 62 miles. The border with Mexico is 1,954 miles long with 129 miles set up with a wall or barrier already. For the math-averse and Republicans who feel that science is for the gays, we take the border length (1,954 miles), subtract the existing “fence” (129) to arrive at 1,825 miles. Divide that by the miles per billion (62 miles) and we come to the number 29.44. That tells us how much Trump’s idiot border wall is likely to cost. $29,435,483,870.97. With 122 million adult taxpayers in the US, that comes to roughly $241.27 each. About the cost of a really nice ladder, or four very strong shovels. $30B is also how much it would cost to eradicate world hunger, according to the UN.
- EPA Administrator Scott “Hexxus (R-Ferngully)” Pruitt would like it kindly if you would choke to death. For jobs. He says that Trump is expected to sign an executive order making it easier for coal and oil power plants to dump pollution into the air and water of the United States, and to roll back the regulations that power companies have been chaffing under.
- House Intelligence Committee chairman and Trump transition leader, Devin Nunes, was at the White House the day before he dropped his bombshell allegation on the news. The man who is supposed to be providing oversight of Trump is, in fact, acting as a direct surrogate for Trump.
- A business is run with one single motive: make as much profit as possible for those in charge. A government is run with a single motive: preserve and protect the welfare of the people. The American Sovereign has tapped his son-in-law to run a task force with sweeping powers to attempt to run government like a business.
- Jeff “Republican Dobby” Sessions is threatening to cut funding for law enforcement to sanctuary cities as a part of the administration’s brutal anti-immigrant crackdown.
- A government shutdown is looming, and as prisoners of their own ideology, Republicans may be helpless to stop it. Salon reports on the impending doom that will be laid firmly at the feet of those in power.
- Democrats in the Senate are delaying the initial vote on Trump Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch. A majority of Democrats have signed up to filibuster while Trump is under FBI investigation.
- “There’s no question there was a very serious effort made by Mr. Putin and his government, his organization, to interfere in major ways with our basic fundamental democratic processes, In some quarters, that would be considered an act of war. I think it’s a kind of conduct and activity we will see going forward.” The person who said that? Dick Cheney. How much of a lunatic psychotic are you if Dick Cheney sounds like the voice of reason in the leadership of your party?
- 60 Minutes conducted an interview with a fake news peddler, and originator of much of the Trumpian falsehood being circulated by the fascist alt-right. BuzzFeed breaks character to examine just how woefully under-prepared Scott Pelley was for the thought scramble and tactics that the fake news of Trumpistan employs.
- Disney Prince and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is introducing legislation to legalize marijuana by 2018. Jeff “Klan Keebler” Sessions has asserted the Justice Department will continue prosecuting marijuana use, even in spite of the United States featuring the highest per capita incarceration rate on the planet.
- The Dow tumbles in response to the prospects of Trump’s potential stab (and twist) at tax reform, sliding for 8 days in a row. Unless you are heavily invested in water filters and canned goods, it may be time to liquidate, peeps.
- Senate investigations continue into Jared Kushner, the Temporary President’s son-in-law. They are looking into why he had so many meetings with Russians, Russian bankers, Russian diplomats, Russian oligarchs.
- Juan Williams theorizes aloud as to what the response would be if Obama had done or said what Trump has, and casts a light on the mea culpas emanating from the right-wing media sphere.
- Trump’s approval rating has dropped again. It is now 36%, provided you believe facts and exist in this reality with everyone else. If not, he’s doing great – just great. Tremendous, even.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF MARCH 27TH, 2017: $89,957,142.60
That’s all for the Monday report this week – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share.
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.