Trump Damage Report – 4/29/2017
The Whopper King, blacks for Trump and other lies, marching for facts, EPA torpedoes climate change, golf care, taxes in Candyland, astroturfing FCC, and Teacher of the Year weirdness. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Saturday, April 29th, 2017. Super callous fragile ego extra braggadocious.
- “BLACKS for Trump! I love that guy. Blacks for Trump!” Donald Trump said today, pointing out one of only black people who show up at his rallies.
- Thousands of protesters swarmed Washington DC this weekend for the People’s Climate March to take on Trump’s anti-science policies, CNN reports. The previous weekend saw the march of scientists outnumber Trump’s inauguration crowds, pushing for acceptance of scientific facts in governing. Trump and his administration have rejected most evidence, scientific consensus, and internationally accepted facts on scientific matters like climate change.
- Trump’s EPA has removed climate change science site from public view, The Washington Post reports. They replaced the site with a redirect towards an issue page on energy independence via Trump’s coal-burning “Clean Power Plan”, which, as you might have guessed, is not about anything clean. Earlier today, Trump said “We have ended the war on beautiful, clean coal.” “Clean” coal is like “good” cancer. It doesn’t work that way.
- Trump, attempting to defend his frequent taxpayer-funded golfing habits that have eclipsed all previous administrations by orders of magnitude at this point, says “I couldn’t care less about golf.”, The Hill reports. We know.
- Following in Trump’s footsteps, Trumpist Republican candidate Greg Gianforte has hundreds of thousands of dollars invested in US-sanctioned Russian companies, The Guardian reports.
- An op-ed in the LA Times titled “Trump’s Candy Land School of Tax Reform” takes a sledgehammer to the orange one’s resurrection of trickle-down tragedy.
- A dark money conservative group is bombarding the Trump-led FCC with comments favoring the dismantling of net neutrality, setting up enough astroturf for Trump’s FCC administrator to point to as evidence of public support, Vice reports.
- Kruggers of the NYT slaps down Trump and what it’s like working in the administration in an op-ed today. “Every report from inside the White House conveys the impression that Trump is like a temperamental child, bored by details and easily frustrated…” That’s about as spot-on as it gets.
- The five biggest actual fake news stories Trump has pushed on America, ranked, by Vice. His inauguration crowd was the biggest ever, there was significant voter fraud during the election, liberal impostors have infiltrated town halls in red districts, people are paid to protest Trump, and Obama wiretapped Trump.
- Trump had a super-weird meeting with the 2017 Teachers of the Year, The Washington Post reports. Trump had earlier proposed a gargantuan 14% cut to education in the United States, kept the families of the teachers sequestered in a hot room, had the teachers sing “Happy Birthday” to his wife, and remained seated the entire time. It was cringe-inducing and incredibly weird.
- FactCheck has assembled a minor compilation of 100 days of lies from the Trump administration, holding onto the title of “King of the Whoppers” as falsehoods go.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF APRIL 29TH, 2017: $120,599,999.46
That’s all for the Saturday report this week – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share.
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.