Trump Damage Report – 5/15/2017
Paying Russia back with classified information, FCCyourself, serving fake news, employer tattling, infrastructure pending (right), membah Lewandowski?, resist the Trump cult, making believe with “tapes”, wailing wall woes, and NATO baby-proofing. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, May 15th, 2017. Oy gevalt, what a schmuck!
- Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador during the meeting which was closed to the American free press, The Washington Post reports. He owes them.
- Trump told us the real reason he fired FBI Director was because he was investigating Trump’s connections with Russia, but Republican voters don’t believe him, Vox reports. 63% of Republicans still believe the Trump administration’s first version of the “truth” – that Comey was fired over Hillary’s emails. 2 + 2 = 17, orange, 4, and C#.
- Trump’s FCC has undertaken significant efforts to destroy net neutrality, and John Oliver has been urging supporters to get involved, The Hill reports. His latest request is that advocates of net neutrality keep comments civil, but express their outrage appropriately.
- How Trump gets his fake news is the subject of an article by Politico that will leave you with great discomfort and near-paralytic fear. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
- Hillary Clinton, who succeeded at losing to an orange sexual assault clown that (from every statistical analysis) a Democratic potted plant or stuffed animal could have beaten in the electoral college, has decided to launch a new PAC called “Onward Together”, Politico reports. Hillary’s campaign spent $1.2 billion dollars, compared to Trump’s graft-filled campaign spending half that, $646 million. SO IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE TO PUT HILLARY IN CHARGE OF RAISING AND SPENDING MONEY FOR OUR CAUSE, AS SHE HAS BEEN SO GOOD AT DOING IT WITHOUT MEASURABLE EFFECT. GRAHH!
- The Guardian op-ed today “Why the Alt-Left will Succeed Where Centrists Fail” offers a perfect understanding as to why the centrist neo-liberal approach of establishment Democratic politics has failed to protect us from the travesty of Trump.
- Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen, a Trumpist Republican Congresscritter sends a letter to an activist’s employer warning them that she is a progressive, anti-Trump “ringleader”, Vox reports.
- Trump is expected to reveal a trillion dollar infrastructure plan in ‘several weeks’, The Hill reports. Because it’s a Trump plan, the roads and bridges will be built with the skeletons of poor people. Trump has reached a compromise with Republican allies to try and produce as many new ghosts as possible during his first term in office. No other administration in history will have produced as many ghosts as Trump will, and it’ll be tremendous, really bigly tremendous.
- If Americans can find North Korea on a map, they are more likely to prefer diplomacy, The New York Times reports. 64% of Americans were not able to find North Korea on a map, despite war with the little psychotic regime potentially precipitating the nuclear end of the human species. Trump’s preferred approach with North Korea has been to pretend to know what’s going on and hope for the best.
- Corey Lewandowski’s failed hope to be a big part of the Trump swamp is examined in detail today in a report by GQ. The former Trump campaign manager’s many ties to Russia rendered him as radioactive early on as did Paul Manafort’s, and Trump possesses nothing akin to loyalty.
- Trumpist Republicans are in the danger zone for midterm elections, NBC News reports.
- Republican strategist Ana Navarro recommends that GOP leaders stop acting like members “of the Donald Trump cult”, and instead “step up and condemn” Trump, CNN reports. We’re actually more comfortable if they defend Trump. It will make crushing them easier in the short-term for campaigns from local dog catcher to Senator.
- Trump thinks he can defeat the Russia probe, HuffPost reports. The article recommends caution, in that the same goofuses who told us how certain it was that Hillary would be our next President, that Trump is going to be toasted any moment now by his myriad and tentacular connections to Russia. Any minute now…. any second. Right?
- Trump’s EPA gave the thumbs up to a horrific chemical pesticide, and a month later it has poisoned a bunch of farmworkers, Mother Jones reports. Poison is one of the 16 fundamental planks of the Republican Party platform.
- Preet Bharara, the US attorney who was fired for investigating Trump’s ties to Russia, asks “Are there still public servants who will say no to Trump?” in a piece published in The Washington Post. Apart from Comey, that remains to be seen.
- Spiceyboy refuses to tell us whether or not the “tapes” Trump said existed of his conversations with Comey actually exist, The Hill reports. At question is whether Trump is playing make believe again.
- The ACLU is demanding the records on the Comey firing, including the tapes. Have you donated? You should donate. The ACLU is one of the handful of organizations standing in the way of actual authoritarian coup in America.
- Trump’s bodyguard revealed Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis’ private cellphone number.
- The Times of Israel reports that a senior member of the Trump team told Israelis that the Western Wall is not your territory. What harm could there be in having Trump & Company futz around in Jerusalem, what with their firm grip on the tumultuous geopolitics and sectarian strife in the area for millennia? WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?
- One of several owners of the Republican Party, Sheldon Adelson, is furious over Secretary of the Hollow State Rex Tillerson’s comments about moving the US embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, Axios reports. Trump made a campaign promise to move our embassy from the actual capital of Israel (Tel Aviv) to the epicenter of religious contention for a couple thousand years, Jerusalem.
- NATO is “preparing to deal with a child”, Foreign Policy reports on Trump’s upcoming visit to NATO nations. They are hoping to avoid taxing Trump’s tiny attention span, keeping things as easy to understand as possible without in-depth policy issues. Trump has previously done Putin’s bidding in attacking NATO as “obsolete” and possessed almost no understanding as to the purpose it has served.
- SNL is undergoing a golden era with Trump and other miscreants as fodder for mockery, The Hollywood Reporter offers. With the highest ratings in decades, “You almost feel like a war profiteer.”
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF MAY 15TH, 2017: $135,639,142.18
That’s all for the Monday report this week – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share.
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.