Trump Damage Report – 5/16/2017
The sum of all intelligence fears, Leaker-in-Chief, priming the Trump, emoluments light-show, fascist kleptocratic roadtrip, executive Alzheimer’s, a child to lead them, Garland passes, chaos and hiding in the West Wing, the treason emoji, old Spicer, Manafort mansions and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Tuesday, May 16th, 2017. @realDonaldTrump #leak #disgrace #impeachtheclownalready
- Israel is the source of the secret intelligence that Trump gave the Russians in his private meeting with them that was closed off to American free press, The New York Times reports.
- One unnamed senior European intelligence official told The Associated Press that his country might stop sharing information with the United States due to the leaks, Talking Points Memo reports. These latest events confirm the worst fears of Israel, which had discussed halting any sharing of intelligence with America over fears of Trump sharing it with the Russians.
- Israeli intelligence officials were worried that Trump would leak their information to Russia. This story was published January 14th, 2017 by Haaretz. Trump has now shared sensitive information provided to his administration by Israel, with Russia.
- Trump has asserted that he has an “absolute right” to share “facts” with Russia, The Hill reports. Those facts, in this case, are sensitive intelligence reports about ISIS threats provided by our allies. Legally, Trump has not done anything criminal. The problem the world (and anyone with a brain) has with his giving the Russians this information is that it was stupid and incompetent.
- The media immediately called out Trump’s latest national security adviser H.R. McMaster’s bullshit on leaking intelligence to the Russians, Media Matters reports. It took a while, but eventually news organizations are catching on to the idea that the Trump administration lies through its teeth as a matter of course.
- In “The Priming of Donald Trump”, Kruggers tax an ax to the orange menace’s wild economic scattershot assertions. Did you know Trump invented the term “priming the pump”, despite the expression being used by FDR back in 1937? Trump is nothing if not a consummate time traveler, in a bigly, tremendous way.
- An artist has projected “Pay Trump Bribes Here” on Trump’s Washington DC Hotel, HuffPost reports. Also “Emoluments Welcome”. The Russian flag is a nice touch.
- Trump used to tweet a lot about how bad it was to mishandle classified information, Vox reports. Ahh, the good old days of a month ago.
- Senator Bob Corker, a Republican gradually growing a spinal column, says that “The White House has got to do something soon to bring itself under control and in order.”, The Hill reports. Corker went on to say the Trump administration is in a downward spiral and has to come to grips with what is happening.
- What comes of us When the World is Led by a Child?, David Brooks of The New York Times asks. From the stunning piece: “We’ve got this perverse situation in which the vast analytic powers of the entire world are being spent trying to understand a guy whose thoughts are often just six fireflies beeping randomly in a jar.”
- Meanwhile, tempers flare and confusion swirls inside the Trump administration, The New York Times reports. Chaos grips the executive branch, fomented by the orange child-king.
- Some staff are in hiding, as the Russia chaos engulfs the West Wing, The Daily Beast reports. “Do not ask me about how this looks, we all know how this looks.” The scene has been described by staff as being as tense as “a morgue.” Trump is the sum of all fears, realized.
- If you think the Trump-Russia story is a creation of the mainstream media, bear in mind that people said the exact same thing about Watergate, The Washington Post reports. History does tend to repeat itself. Here’s to hoping we can skip over the more colorful parts of 1930’s Germany.
- Raving lunatic Alex Jones and sad sexual deviant and Trump reject Roger Stone are now warning that America may try to remove Trump from power by claiming he has Alzheimer’s, the Austin American-Stateman reports. We don’t know what kinds of medical problems Trump actually has, as his doctor is an insane quack who told us that Trump was “the most healthy person to ever run for office ever”.
- Senator Safety Turtle Mitch McConnell is calling for the appointment of Merrick Garland as FBI Director, Bloomberg reports. He is also asking for less drama from the Trump administration. “Drama”, in this case apparently being high crimes and misdemeanors, as well as actual literal treason.
- No Thanks, says Merrick Garland, on the subject of FBI Director, The Washington Post reports. Garland clearly sees the writing on the wall about where this administration is headed. Anyone who touches it is likely going to get painted with the broad brush of rife corruption.
- Trump’s fans don’t care about Trump leaking sensitive information that may damage America’s ability to fight ISIS, or bring harm to Israel, Politico reports. They will likely continue to be with him up until he personally, directly, unambiguously damages them or a family member. That is the nature of the Trumpist faith of the deplorables.
- Spiceyboy has the utmost confidence and support of Trump. Kimberly Guilfoyle says she’s talking with the Trump administration about the press secretary job, The Mercury News reports. But Spicer, he gets great ratings (mostly due to the insanity and hostility), so he’s got Trump’s backing at this second. He’s been very faithful to The Donald, and that always turns out well. Ask the previous Trump wives. Or contractors. Or investors.
- The New Yorker sat down for an interview with the fired attorney general Sally Yates to discuss the current dumpster fire that is the Trump administration. From the interview: “You didn’t just text, ‘Heads-up, your N.S.A. might be a spy’? No, Yates replied, “Is there an emoji for that?”
- Public Policy Polling reports that the House is in play now, due to Trumpcare. Thanks Republicans!
- Trump aides are jockeying for a position along with him on his first foreign trip, Politico reports. Herr Priebus, President Bannon, Secretary of Everything Kushner, Hitler Youth Stephen Miller, and Spiceboy all on a pseudo-road trip through Europe and the Holy Land. What on earth could go wrong?
- Trump ally Hannity the Manatee has offered his plan on how the administration should handle press briefings from now on. The recommendations listed are similar to those any by-the-books authoritarian regime would insist upon. Questions in writing ahead of time, no deviation from pre-approved list of topics.
- The reporter arrested for asking Trump HHS Secretary Tom Price a question was just doing his job, The Washington Post reports. He was just doing his job, which is to ask questions. He was arrested for “willful disruption of state government processes”, which we should pretty much all be prepared to be arrested for in expressing dissent or asking questions.
- Abandoned Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort got a nice $3.5 million dollar mystery mortgage and paid no tax on the loan, NBC News reports. Corruption pays very well, and it’s nice work if you can get it. A caveat though, is that it may require you to sell out your country and betray America in the process.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF MAY 16TH, 2017: $136,621,713.60
That’s all for the Tuesday report this week – we hope. Like us to make sure you get the next Trump Damage Report in your feed. Share with friends who ought to know what Trump is up to, and if you enjoyed our report, hit Like and Share.
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.