Trump Damage Report – 6/11/2017
Vodka-based burns, firing Mueller, Ashcroft returns to help terrorists, 3 tools of Trumpcare, wedding crasher, snowflake flakes on Britain trip, Uday contradicts papa, Klan Keebler on the lam, and Merkel in Mexico. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Sunday, June 11th, 2017.
- Smirnoff has a new ad, that you should see.
- Trump’s attorney isn’t ruling out the possibility that Trump may fire the special counsel appointed to investigate Trump’s ties to Russia, Politico reports. Mueller was brought on after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, who was investigating Trump’s ties to Russia and refused to make the problem go away.
- Qatar, accused of supporting terrorism, has hired the former U.S. Republican Attorney General, John Ashcroft to represent them. Let the eagle soar – in a private jet, of course. This should raise an Amber Alert or two with actual patriotic Americans, as opposed to those paying lip service to our national security.
- The Senate is employing three tools to move Trumpcare forward: sabotage, speed, and secrecy, The Washington Post reports. The first prong is to undermine Obamacare, sabotaging the functioning parts of Obamacare through the power of the purse. The second, speed, is to have Congressmen avoid constituents in their home districts while fast-tracking the bill. Finally, secrecy, in keeping the number of Senators working on the bill at a minimum and providing no overview to the public as to the damage Trumpcare will do – until it is too late to do anything about it.
- Trump’s DHS Secretary John Kelly is losing his luster, Politico reports. The consensus is that, despite insistence that he is independent, he has drunk the Trump Kool-aid.
- New York Daily News has penned an article on the subject of the GOP billionaire behind Trump’s Twitter bot army. Trump’s Twitter followers are, like many of his policies, fake.
- Uday Trump contradicts his father, confirming the Comey account of what happened, The Washington post reports.
- Trump dropped in on a wedding taking place at one of his golf courses this weekend, his 24th visit to a golf course on taxpayer dime since taking office, The Hill reports. No word yet on whether or not he invoked the right of prima nocte and demanded to mount the bride.
- The awkward role of Trump’s lawyer is blurring the lines between public and private, The New York Times reports. This is the guy who misspelled the word “President” as “Predisent” in his opening salvo.
- John McCain says that American leadership was better under Obama, The Hill reports. Perhaps you should have said something? Perhaps the party that needed your help to guide it should not have allowed you to pick Sarah Palin, and begin the slow downward spiral towards what Trump is and represents? A little late, John. A bit late.
- Trump’s state visit to Britain has been put on hold, because the Snowflake-in-Chief is worried there might be people there who don’t like him, The Guardian reports. He’s such a sensitive orange cuddlebear – is there any way we can arrange a safe place in England for the delicate feelings of our vulnerable leader? We wouldn’t want him to get his wittew feelings hurt by all the mean people with the mean signs upset at the erosion of democracy and actual values.
- Trump impeachment calls surge as Trump faces the “most serious scandal” in U.S. History, Newsweek reports. ITMFA. Impeach the…guy, already.
- Comey told us that Russian hackers targeted hundreds of election-related entities, and the real number “could be more than 1,000”, The Associated Press reports via Quartz.
- Bernie Sanders supporters are taking over the Democratic Party machine, one state at a time. While this is not expressly Trump damage related, it is how we will eventually be able to recover and kick the orange menace out. Bernie Sanders remains the most popular politician in America to date.
- Trump’s budget cuts to science would annihilate research universities, and we need a better way to pay for science, Bloomberg reports. Trump does not particularly like science, as it is incapable of swearing loyalty or offering him Russian prostitutes.
- Trump calls James Comey “cowardly”, and that he has leaked more “than anyone ever thought possible”, The Independent reports. Trump then went on to explain he wasn’t going to Britain because there are mean protesters there who might hurt his feelings, but that he’ll probably stay at home and have more private meetings with Russian spies in which he leaks classified information to them to out Israeli intelligence sources over a series of boasts.
- Chuck Schumer has invited Trump to testify before the Senate, The Hill reports. Despite saying “100%” to whether or not he’d be willing to testify under oath, Trump will not be testifying under oath. Holding him to a promise or his word is like trying to catch a greased-up watermelon flying at 20 mph. You won’t do it, and it’s going to get messy.
- The Leader of the Free World visited Mexico, and she mentioned that walls don’t work, sensible relationships do, The Daily Caller reports.
- The most senior member of the US Senate said to Jeff “Klan Keebler” Sessions: You lied and “you can’t run forever”, Shareblue reports.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 11TH 2017: $160,764,571.52
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.