Trump Damage Report – 6/12/2017
Four stages of Trump, Pence preference, worries grow, Priebus ultimatum, Muslim Ban fail round 17, community service, The COVFEFE Act, Russia cloud settling, cabinet meeting with dear leader, emolumentous occasion, and a video from 1992. All this and more in you daily Trump Damage Report for Monday, June 12th, 2017.
- Is media coverage of Trump too negative? You’re asking the wrong question, asserts The Washington Post. In this case, the media coverage of Trump is accurate – he really is that bad. And so much worse. Don’t fall for the false equivalency of politics as sport, or the insistence that party balance be recognized in the interest of telling the truth. Sometimes, one side is just wrong.
- The vast majority of Congressional Republicans prefer Pence over Trump, Axios reports. The question is, what are they gonna do about it?
- Trumpist Republicans are increasingly worried they are going to lose control over the House of Representatives, Politico reports. Additionally, Melania and Barron are moving from the golden tower into the White House with Trump, which should make the frequency of Trump’s doubtless extramartial indiscretions less… by a small margin.
- Trump gives Herr Priebus until Independence Day to “clean up” the White House, Politico reports. Hint: The phone call is coming from INSIDE THE OVAL. The filth originates not far from the one tasking others with the clean-up.
- Trump has lost another court ruling on his Muslim Ban, The New York Times reports. This is starting to get sad, now. You can’t have your Muslim Ban, Drumpfy, stop trying to make the Muslim Ban a thing. It’s never going to be a thing.
- Trump “on an island, all alone.”, Axios reports. He is shedding allies like a snake sheds skin, though, Melania did hold his hand on the way from the helicopter, specifically.
- Trumpist Congresscritter Gianforte has been sentenced to community service for assaulting a journalist of the free press, The Guardian reports. We strongly encourage reporters to arm themselves and respond accordingly if they are threatened physically by Republican candidates.
- The COVFEFE Act seeks to amend the Presidential Records Act, Vox reports. The bill is titled Communications Over Various Feeds Electronically for Engagement, adding social media to the list of documented materials.
- The Secret Service says it has no audio recordings or transcripts from inside the Trump administration, Talking Points Memo reports. Trump has said there are recordings of his conversations with James Comey, probably lying. Trump lies literally every other sentence, typically double-confirming the largest lies or asserting “Believe me…” if the lie is especially egregious.
- The Russia cloud settles in over the Trump administration, CNN reports. This cloud isn’t going anywhere, and is beginning to take on the appearance of the Great Red Spot of Jupiter, the planetary-sized storm churning for thousands of years.
- Thrice-married Gingrich tells us that Congress should abolish the special counsel who was drafted to investigate thrice-married Trump after Trump fired the FBI Director who was investigating him, The Hill reports. Values.
- Trump made a series of bizarre claims at a press event with his cabinet of lunatics, the cabinet which then took turns praising the dear leader, CNBC reports.
- During the event, and despite hundreds of vacancies across all levels of the Trump administration, Trump bashes Democrats for obstruction, Talking Points Memo reports.
- Trumpists in the Senate won’t release a draft of the Trumpcare bill, Axios reports. They desperately do not want anyone to see it before they are ready to vote on it, otherwise there will be a massive revolt from their constituents who they are about to screw.
- Trumpist Congresscritters voted to deregulate Wall Street and gut consumer protections, The American Prospect reports. Prep for the return of Too Big to Fail.
- Maryland and the District of Columbia are suing over payments to Trump hotels, Reuters reports. The payments from foreign governments violate the emoluments clause of the US Constitution.
- Video of Trump from 1992 surfaces, showing Trump is exactly, precisely the man that James Comey claimed he is, New Century Times reports.
- The four stages of Trump are Charm, Bully, Abandon, Sue, according to Nancy Pelosi. This assessment is spot-on and can be applied to nearly everyone within Trump’s circle.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 12TH 2017: $161,693,142.94
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.