Trump Damage Report – 6/14/2017
Congressmen win the NRA Lottery, alt-right blogger judges, sanctioning Russia, Turkish tyrant trouble, Trumpstruction of justice, the low price of fake news, sinking islands, and Klan Keebler in deep. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for June 14th, 2017.
- Bernie Sanders offers some thoughts on how Democrats can stop losing elections in today’s New York Times. It’s worth a read.
- Trump picked a right-wing blogger for a federal judgeship, and the hearings went about as well as you’d think they’d go.
- The Senate overwhelmingly voted on a bipartisan package of new sanctions against Russia, as well as letting Congress block Trump from attempting to ease or ending penalties against Russia, Politico reports. The bill may not succeed in the House, where Trumpist Republicans are far more willing to sell out America at any opportunity.
- Republican Senators may not realize it, but not one state supports Trumpcare, The New York Times reports.
- A Republican-led congressional committee was scheduled to open discussion on a bill making it easier to buy gun silencers today, but was rescheduled due to the mass shooting of Congressmen, Vox reports. For real.
- The bodyguards of the tyrant of Turkey which Trump has praised and invited to the United States will be charged in the savage attack of protesters in America, The New York Times reports.
- Special counsel Mueller is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice, officials say, according to The Washington post. Yes, Trump himself is the subject of the investigation. An investigation is occurring, and Trump is the subject. The investigation is investigating Trump in the investigation… just to be clear.
- Trump ally Fox News is dropping the “fair and balanced” slogan, New York mag reports. Because it was really just too funny beforehand.
- A crazed lunatic opened fire on Congressmen today during baseball practice, The Daily Beast reports. The mentally unhinged person in question had a history of violence and, as he lived in America, had ready and inexpensive access to an unlimited number of guns – which he used on Congressional representatives. Trump responded hours after the attack.
- Kamala Harris made Jeff “Klan Keebler” Sessions “nervous” asking him questions about whether or not he had any contacts or communication with Russians, Shareblue reports.
- It costs $55k to discredit a journalist and $200k to instigate a street protest using fake news, The Guardian reports. Turns out swaying elections through the tactical use of intentionally misleading information is remarkably inexpensive and easy to get away with. In other news, the Trump/Russia investigation is continuing to pick up steam…
- “I helped draft Clinton’s impeachment articles. The charges against Trump are more serious.” says a former Republican Congressman in an op-ed piece in The Washington Post.
- During Session’s testimony, a Senator put the Klan Keebler on notice by explaining “You are obstructing that congressional investigation by not answering that question. Your silence speaks volumes.”, according to The Daily Beast
- Sessions repeatedly said that he can’t discuss conversations he had with Trump. 9 legal experts say: Yes, you can, Vox reports.
- Sessions also contradicted Comey, saying that the fired FBI Director was not silent about his concerns that Trump was trying to force him to end his investigation into Trump, Yahoo News reports.
- Trump told the mayor of a sinking U.S. island not to worry about climate change, HuffPost reports. Sea level rise is, I suppose, all in your head? Our people will have the most luxurious gills, the best gills, such fantastic, tremendous gills. They’ll breath water, believe me, believe me.
- Trump claimed that we built the Golden Gate Bridge in four years and the Hoover Dam in five, and these are whoppers that rate 3 pinnochios according to The Washington Post.
- Trump’s travel costs being picked up by taxpayers are monumentally staggering, Newsweek reports.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 14TH 2017: $163,550,285.78
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.