Trump Damage Report – 6/15/2017
Self-inflicted disasters, Afghanplan, drug price spikes, border tax pushback, Cuban pay-for-play, 17 points for Republicans, Aussie PM disses, Sessions’ amnesia, Putin’s asylum, Medicare-for-all trap, birther judges, and talking points for Trumpocalypse. All this and way more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Thursday, June 15th, 2017.
- Trump has a new plan for Afghanistan – more troops, no actual plan, CNN reports.
- Trump is preparing a new plan to
increaselower* the cost of drugs in the United States, Bloomberg reports. The plan is private, and the plan is drug-industry backed. The slim details about it indicate that health insurance companies will develop arrangements with drug companies to pay for products depending on how well they work. This will likely keep non-critical drugs at the same cost as they are now, while spiking the cost for life-saving medications.
- Trump’s border tax is getting pushback from auto industry leaders, The Hill reports. Trump is hoping to install sizable taxes on goods coming in to feed America’s manufacturing industries. If it doesn’t seem like Trump and his ilk seem to know what they are doing on the economic front, no worries – they don’t.
- Tomorrow, Trump is expected to announce new policies on clamping down on travel and trade with America’s neighbor, Cuba, Politico reports. In an effort to repay Senator “Lil Marco” Rubio for his defense during the Comey testimony, Trump is hoping to return us to cold relations with the island nations. Meanwhile, he’s keen on Turkey, Russia, Saudi Arabia, and China – the latter which is communist, and the prior three which are lead by bloodthirsty dictators.
- A seventeen point drop in satisfaction among US Republicans last month, due to the actions of Trump, Gallup reports. Reality eventually catches up.
- Leaked audio shows Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull savaging Trump over fake polls and Russia, 9News Australia reports. Trump is a laughingstock around the world, and the only people capable of understanding this are those outside of the Trumposphere bubble. Trumpists strongly feel he’s “winning”, because America’s whiny Crybaby-in-Chief is universally despised by our allies and loved by our enemies.
- A lobbyist for Russian interests says that he attended dinners hosted by Trump’s Attorney General, Jeff “Ominous Banjo Music” Sessions, The Guardian reports.
- Russian Dictator Vladimir Putin is offering Trump-fired FBI Director James Comey asylum, Politico reports. Comey isn’t the one who is going to need asylum when this is all done. Keep the engine running, Vladypoo, we’re sending you some orange trash.
- Trump tried to convince NSA Chief Mike Rogers to absolve him of any Russian collusion, Newsweek reports.
- The Senate Intelligence Committee won’t be investigating whether or not Trump and his cabal have obstructed justice, leaving that component to special counsel Robert Mueller, CNN reports. Instead, the Senate’s probe will focus on Trump’s collusion with Russia to influence the outcome of the elections.
- The Trump administration feared that special counsel Robert Mueller would go after Trump for obstruction of justice, and that’s just what he’s doing, Axios reports.
- Trumpist Republicans are about to make Medicare-for-all much more likely, Vox reports. If they push forward Trumpcare and strike down Obamacare, Medicare-for-all as a movement will catalyze, becoming more powerful than they can push back against this time.
- The Trumpists have a set of go-to talking points to discuss the many investigations into Trump’s cavalcade of misdeeds as it relates to Comey, Russia, collusion, and obstruction of justice, The Washington Post reports. They’ve provided a synopsis of all of those talking points, annotated.
- As reported yesterday, the Senate is grilling Trump’s judicial nominees (who are right-wing bloggers) over their blog posts. A few of the questions involved the conspiracy theories that the bloggers as hopeful judges wrote, surrounding President Obama’s birth certificate, white nationalism, and more fun items like that.
- Trump’s own aides blame him for the obstruction of justice probe, saying Trump “did this to himself”, The Daily Beast reports. With all these self-inflicted disasters, can you imagine how Trump will handle an actual disaster that strikes?
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 15TH 2017: $164,478,857.20
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.