Trump Damage Report – 6/16/2017
Nuge Reformation, Dreamer mercy, lawyer’s lawyers, digital director sought, Trumpcare travails, when he does it it’s not illegal, Attack on Mueller, Rosenstein bus-chuck prep, petros vs. greens as the new Axis vs. Allies, wedding planner makes it big, civil rights rollbacks, and money laundering. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Friday, June 16th, 2017.
- Trump personal friend and ally, Ted Nugent, today said that he’s not going to engage in hateful rhetoric anymore, HuffPost reports. Nugent famously crapped his pants to avoid the military draft, called Obama a “subhuman mongrel” and Hillary a “worthless bitch”. He has been a vocal supporter of Trump for a long, long time.
- Trump’s personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, has had to hire his own personal lawyer due to the Russia probe, The Washington Post reports. Babies havin’ babies and lawyers gotta get lawyers, oh lord!
- Trump (thankfully) goes back on his campaign promise to deport everyone by allowing the Dreamers to stay, for now, The New York Times reports.
- Republican warning systems are going off over the Georgia special election, Politico reports. The GOP is bracing for a pivotal loss. The DNC is doing everything in its power to ensure that the Democrat loses, hoping to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Nate Silver has been brought on to lie about polls in the district, and Hillary Clinton’s campaign manager Robby Mook has been asked to help the Democratic candidate ignore very large voting sections of the district while fomenting an air of smug conceit. Here’s hoping!
- The House Russia investigators want to bring in the Trump digital director, CNN reports. Trump’s digital director was likely the man responsible for fomenting the fake news maelstrom while simultaneously building up millions of fake followers for the Trumpster.
- Vox asked 8 Republicans in the Senate what the Trumpcare bill is trying to do. TLDR; they have no idea, other than to simply be able to pass. They do not know or believe that it will improve America’s health care system.
- The amount of secretary surrounding the Senate version of Trumpcare is raising alarms in both parties, The New York Times reports. It is so bad, and so disliked and hated that they have to keep it a secret. This is governing (if you can call it that) in the shadows.
- Thrice-married disgrace Gingrich explains that a president “cannot obstruct justice”, The Hill reports. Which is an interesting notion coming from a guy who adulterated while he sought to impeach a guy for adultery. Nixon famously said “When the President does it, that means it is not illegal.” Not even the most uptight of the divine right kings of the Middle Ages believed that. Laws are laws.
- Special counsel Robert Mueller is expanding his office, hiring 13 new lawyers, CNN reports. Oh boy, Trumpster is going to to get it.
- ProPublica asks: Did Trump get a big huge tax refund after 2005? Signs point to yes.
- Which is definitely why all the Trump allies have now begun to go after Mueller, The Hill reports. Trump and his cabal have begun attacking special counsel Mueller in an effort to discredit him. Charm, Bully, Abandon, Sue – the circle of Trump.
- Trump seems to confirm the obstruction of justice investigation, and attacks the guy who would be responsible for executing the firing of Mueller, if Trump so ordered it, The Washington Post reports.
- A Trump confident tells The Daily Beast the Trump has no problem throwing Rosenstein under a bus to save himself.
- Which may not even help him, because Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein has acknowledged that he may need to recuse himself as well in the matters of the Russia probe, ABC News reports.
- The Trump administration ended a policy that protected the undocumented immigrant parents of U.S. citizens, The Hill reports. Trump hopes that by forcing the separation of mothers from their children, suffering and anguish can be increased in the United States to levels tolerable to his dark god.
- Trump’s foreign policy and who he decides to make friends with seems predicated on petros vs. greens, possibly setting up a new world order along these lines, Bill Moyers reports.
- Trump’s top aids are now being investigated for money laundering by special counsel Mueller, according to Latest. The laundering in question would be for Russian oligarchs, of course.
- Trump has picked his son’s wedding planner, a person wholly inexperienced in property administration, to run the New York federal housing program, The Independent reports. She is black, however, as is the other person Trump picked to run the HUD department, Ben “Dr. Sleepy” Carson. We’re not sure what the connection is there for Trump, but both are black, and have zero experience in running things they are now in charge of.
- PolitiFact fact checks Trump’s idiotic tweets about Russia, Hillary Clinton, and the “witch hunt”. Honestly, at this point, do you even need to read them? I could tell you that PolitiFact fact checked Trump’s statements on the Wizard of Oz, and you would know immediately that Trump probably thought it had to do with some old guy building an ark to save a bunch of animals, and that PolitiFact had to chime in and say, no, that’s…that’s not that. That’s another thing. This is not that. So, just know that Trump said things today that were catastrophically stupid and obvious lies. Again.
- The Trump administration is quietly rolling back civil rights efforts across the entirety of the federal government, ProPublic reports. Desegregated school systems, reformed police departments, access for the disabled, and defending religious minorities – all steadily toast in the wake of Trump’s efforts.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 16TH 2017: $165,407,428.62
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.