Trump Damage Report – 6/17/2017
Undoing civil rights, too stupid to president, American mis-allegiance, HIV and other things Trump doesn’t care about, David Clarke bows out, Trump debt, enter Rick Gates, and 294 false statements. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Saturday, June 17th, 2017. Trump may be golfing, but he’s still doing damage.
- Trump’s Department of Education will scale back civil rights investigations, The New York Times reports. After all, as billionaire pyramid scheme heiress DeVos puts it, if Muffy and Bunny and Claudems are discriminated against, it would be ghastly, just ghastly! But, they could simply hop on the jet every morning to a nicer school.
- Trump is proving too stupid to be President, Yahoo News reports. Trump once said “You know, I’m like a smart person.” Like. Except, not.
- Animated turd from the 90’s, Newt Gingrich says that the president “cannot obstruct justice”, which is super funny since that’s not what he said in 1998, The LA Times reports.
- Trump is pushing the House GOP for friendlier Russian sanctions deal, Politico reports. No kidding! Trump is pushing for a better deal for Putin? No way! That’s so totally unexpected!
- Senate Democrats are weighing a plan to blockade and protest the upcoming Trumpcare bill, CNN reports.
- Trump’s numerous business ties in the Gulf are raising questions about his allegiances, The New York Times reports. Trump has tons of business interests in the Middle East, particularly with oil-drenched bloody regimes. Trump, historically, has put his personal interests above the interests of America.
- Six people have resigned from Trump’s HIV/AIDS Advisory Council because he “Doesn’t Care.”, BuzzFeed reports.
- The lunatic Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke who harrassed a passenger on an airplane with law enforcement under his command and plagiarized large portions of his academic papers has rescinded acceptance of a post in Homeland Security, The Washington Post reports.
- Betsey DeVos meets with anti-LGBTQ groups after pretending to care about equality, Shareblue reports. A few of them were actually designated as full-on hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
- Adam Schiff signals that all hell will break lose if Trump fires Rosenstein and Mueller, the deputy Attorney General and the special counsel currently investigating Trump, PoliticsUSA reports. Only an idiot goes full authoritarian. And Trump is an idiot.
- Trump owes lenders from around the world at least $315 million, a recent disclosure shows, according to a report by Reuters. He likely owes Russian oligarchs billions.
- Trump has lately been yelling at the TV again, frustrated with the focus on all these probes into his dealings with Russia, Talking Points Memo reports. The televisions cannot answer back, Trumpo, and we have strong reason to believe that Kellyanne and Spiceyboy shouldn’t be believed when they talk, so you might want to skip on that.
- Get to know the name “Rick Gates.” He’s now a central star (and close ally of Paul Manafort) who is the most recent one caught up in the Trump/Russia mess, Talking Points Memo reports.
- While in office, Trump has made 294 false statements, and a newspaper is chronologing all of them – check out the list (which you can sort) at The Toronto Star.
- The United States Commission on Civil Rights, a watchdog organization in the federal government, is launching a 2-year probe into the Trump administration, TPM reports.
TAXPAYER COST FOR TRUMP’S LIFESTYLE TO DATE, AS OF JUNE 17TH 2017: $166,336,000.04
Above all, and as always, stay vigilant.