Trump Damage Report – 8/29/2017
Covering immigrant deaths, Spiceypope, 16% like Trump, Tower cover-up, sold-out swamp, internet crimes, crowd size problems, killing the GOP, hurricane hypoCRUZy, timing Arpaio, and not letting science dictate policy. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Tuesday, August 29th, 2017.
- Trump’s ICE plans to start destroying records of immigrant abuse, including sexual assault and deaths in custody, the ACLU reports. The hope in the process is that people like Sheriff “I got concentration camps already” Arpaio will be able to disappear immigrants into the system, kill them, and erase all record that they had them.
- Spiceboy finally got to meet the Pope, America Magazine reports. Trump had previously denied him out of spite.
- Just 16% of people “like” Trump’s conduct in office, The Washington Post reports. Pretty much proving the 1 out of 10 people are awful theory.
- Mueller’s team is asking of Trump tried to hide the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting that his son was involved with along with the Russian lawyer, NBC News reports.
- How the swamp sold its soul to Donald Trump is the headline of a Vanity Fair piece on how Trump has consumed the influence of lobbyists while bearing zero political repercussions for his actions and words. Trump claimed he was going to drain the swamp, but he built a swamp so large that it dwarfs the Everglades.
- A Trump appointee said that his comment calling Obama’s mother a “whore” was the result of “internet crimes” against him, CNN reports. The Trump team is such a delightful set of people, all civil, all respectable folks.
- Trump punished an aide he blamed for small crowd attendance at his ego-centric campaign rally in Phoenix, Bloomberg reports. The crowd size was micro-sized.
- Trump is steadily killing the GOP, The New York Times’ David Brooks opines. Trump’s racial politics are landing home with the horrific base, and shows no signs of letting up, fracturing and fragmenting what’s left of the Republican Party.
- Former Trump roadkill Ted Cruz claimed that two-thirds of the Hurricane Sandy bill “had nothing to do with Sandy”, The Washington Post reports as a Three Pinocchio lie.
- Hurricane Harvey is what the climate crisis looks like, Politico reports. There’s never been a storm like Harvey, and it is one of those storms in a long line of storms that has been record-shattering. We aren’t looking forward to the results of climate change – it is with us right now. Trump insists that change is not happening, and that the whole thing is a hoax by Al Gore to sell carbon credits.
- Trump defended Arpaio, saying the timing of his pardoning was actually intended to draw attention, CNN reports.
The big thing that eludes people who continue, despite all logic, to support Trump is that HE WILL KILL YOU. HE WILL KILL YOU AND YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY. They will die, dead killed gone from a natural disaster or a nuke or a terrorist annihilation of unholy inferno and he won’t give half a shit – he’s alive and you aren’t and that’s all, ALL that matters. And you’re dead, “that’s too bad” he might say, as he said precisely when he learned a US Naval Destroyer had crashed and lead to the deaths and injuries of more than a dozen of our sailors.
It’s not that he doesn’t care about black people, or Hispanic people, or gay people, or women, or poor people, or the disabled, or Democrats, liberals, intellectuals, non-Christians, or any other group the Trump supporters may happen to -love- that he hates and harms, it’s that he doesn’t care about ANYONE but himself and is perfectly content to see you (yes you) die and wouldn’t pee on you if you were on fire – though he might let a friendly tyrant pay a Russian hooker to do so. After you were dead. For the ratings.
A hurricane slammed into a state that gleefully supported his electoral win, and he’s pumped about pardoning a man who said himself that he ran “concentration camps” for Latinos, and Trump puzzled openly about how he expected the ratings would be higher. I don’t… I don’t really think that American citizens quite grasp the full extent of what this means. Of the actual, literal mortal danger this man’s continued presence as COMMANDER-IN-F#$%ING-CHIEF of THE UNITED STATES MILITARY happens to be as ballistic missiles are lobbed over Japan from South Korea.
He. Will. Kill. You.
- Mexico reminds Trump that: We won’t pay for a border wall “under any circumstances”, Politico reports.
- EPA Chief Scott “Hexxus” Pruitt says “Science shouldn’t dictate American policy.”, IFLScience reports. Why? Why should science not dictate what we do regarding science? What should? Gut instinct? Astrological signs?
- Russian intelligence officers are caught on camera plotting the violent overthrow of Montenegro, The Telegraph reports. Russian intelligence agents were caught successfully attempting to overthrow the executive branch of the United States government.
- Meet Hamilton 68, a dashboard that tracks Russian influence on Twitter and allows you to identify Russian propaganda.