Trump Damage Report – 8/5/2017
Innocent Kislyak, Paris rejected, undead repeal, party of the grotesque, timed vacations, From Mooch-to-Miller, Klan Keebler and the free press, shadow campaigns, pee-tape stresses, and apathy for guilt. All this and more in your daily Trump Damage Report for Saturday, August 5th, 2017.
- According to Russia’s chief former diplomat to the United States and well-known Kremlin intelligence agent Sergei Kislyak, his talks with the Traitor Flynn were “absolutely transparent”, Reuters reports. Oh, well as long as we have your word for it, Sergei.
- Trump has filed official notice with the United Nations to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate deal, ensuring America is not involved in solving the climate crisis, The Hill reports. Trump, like many conservatives, does not expect to be around long enough to care about the results of his pollution-friendly positions.
- Pence tells us that on the subject of health care, “It ain’t over.” CNN reports. Any future attempts would make the 66th, 81st, or 102,384th attempt by Republicans to strip millions of Americans of health insurance.
- The GOP has become the party of the grotesque under Trump, writes George Wil, one of the most prolific and prominent conservative commenatators of this century in The Washington Post.
- Putin and Trump timed their vacations, Politico reports. With Pooty-Poo relaxing doing manly things like fishing and swimming while Trump rides a cart around a manicured lawn to swat at a little ball with a stick. “Okay, Putin did this and that with pictures during his trip, cameras all bing bing bong bong bing. Let’s do, okay, can we get some pictures of me doing the greatest guy things on Tuesday or Wednesday, maybe Tuesday. Something looking athletic and macho. Miller, can you get that done? Of course you can.”
- In other news, The Mooch’s replacement could end up being Stephen Miller, Axios reports. There is none, apart from perhaps President Bannon, who is more of an actual literal fascist in the administration right now. Miller once foamed at the mouth as he asserted that the power of the executive branch was unquestionable.
- Klan Keebler is not done, and his attack on the free press is worse than you think, Politico reports. He recently held a press conference where he indicated the DoJ was going to go after leakers and implying that the media are spies and enemies.
- Which Paul Ryan somewhat disagree with, saying that intelligence leaks are “the problem of the leaker, not the journalist”, The Hill reports. In this instance, we happen to agree with Trump’s labradoodle and current Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan.
- Chicago is suing the Trump administration for threatening to withhold public safety grant money from so-called sanctuary cities, the Chicago Tribune reports. Border patrol and immigration enforcement are not the domain nor the purview of individual municipalities, so the federal government attempting to foist that upon cities out of a knee-jerk xenophobic response is reprehensible to start with – let alone threatening to withhold funds used for actual anti-terrorism efforts.
- The Republican shadow campaign for 2020 is ratcheting up, The New York Times reports. Pence has had so many campaign political events that people are joking he’s running like a second-term VP hoping to clear the field of potential competitors. They do not expect Trump to survive a full term.
- Former Mexican President Vicente Fox mocked Trump’s 17-day vacation saying “If you’re not happy with your job, just leave.” The Hill reports.
- As reported earlier, Tillerson has spurned $80 million dollars in funds to counter Russian propaganda, Politico reports. No thanks. Don’t need it! Why? Oh…cuz. Just because. Reasons.
- Trump’s good friends the NRA released a video clip where the spokesperson threatened the free press, saying specifically that they were going to “fist” The New York Times, The Hill reports. They later tried to say that she said “fisk”, which is not a word. We’re going to fisk you, and reach up DEEP inside you and grab. (This is what the spokesperson said. Watch the video.)
- Everyone in Congress is really stressed about Trump’s pee-pee tape, New Republic reports. Apparently, two Republican House Intelligence Committee members made a secret meeting to London to try and track down the author of the dossier.
- Would you even care if he was guilty? asks Fox News. A significant number of Republicans who have happily sold their souls and every last shred of integrity, the article purports, would not. They would not care if the man leading our executive branch did in fact, collude with a hostile foreign power. They would not care if he had kompromat black mail fodder on him sitting in Putin’s desk. He could legitimately murder someone in broad daylight on a busy street, and that’s not a problem.